Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life in the past three weeks

Okay so life lately has been pretty uneventful in terms of traveling to different countries. Instead, for the past couple of weeks I have been exploring a new place...Milano. Now I know this might sound strange considering I have been living here for three months, but I had never really taken the chance to sit and explore this enchanting city that I have been so fortunate to live in. I have been eating at different places around the city, including this amazing crepe place in the Brera region. I have become a regular at a local cafe called Bar Spuntino. I have ran a different path, three times a week, outside my apartment area which has led me to a couple different parks, and random quiet streets that provide interesting buildings and little shops. The employees at the grocery store recognize me and always start up a small conversation while I am at the check-out counter.
My Italian has improved tremendously from when I first got here. I really feel like I know this city. I even recieved work teaching English to kind young boys who live near my school.
I am a regular at Monday Disney dinners hosted by my dear friends Ruthie and Rachel. Every Monday a group of us go to their apartment and eat a homecooked meal and then watch the Disney movie of the week. Last week was Cinderella, and this week is Anastasia.
I am also a regular at Wednesday night dinners hosted by the greatest, Rina. Tonight was one of her roommate's birthdays so we celebrated with a gluten free meal upon the request of the special birthday girl.
It seems that just as I feel I am starting to fit in around here, my trip is coming to a close. I am thrilled to be able to see my family and my love. I really understand how much they mean to me, and how important it is for me to have them in my life (even if it's just via the internet). I have really grown up in more ways than one since being here. I truly value everyone in my life, and I will never forget how much they all have sacrificed for me to be here. They are the greatest, and I am incredibly lucky to be able to call them my friends and family.
Basically what I am saying is that this trip has been the most life changing experience so far and I still have Rome, Lyon, and Paris to conquer before I leave in four weeks. So keep the good thoughts headed my way, and wish me buon fortuna as I head into finals in a few weeks.

Ciao Ciao
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment