Sunday, February 7, 2010

I got a feeling...

OK so now that I have officially been in Milano for a grand total of one week I have decided that I absolutely love it here. Every single night has been an adventure. Since I have been on, we have gone to "the club", a sangria party followed by "lime light", and then last night was Le Banque.

Prior to going out my roommate Natalie and I decided to go grocery shopping. Our intentions were good, but our execution was horrible. We bought a lot of great fresh groceries, but just too many for the two of us to carry. Luckily the check out guy took pity on us and gave us a few extra bags to help with the load. Trying to walk back to the apartment with everything in hand proved to be too much. We ended up having to stop multiple times to keep from losing everything. The whole things was disastrous but really funny all at the same time. Needless to say that by the time the evening came I was ready to go out after being so stressed from the day's activities.

"The club" was very nicely decorated, but going on a Thursday night, you are taking the risk of it being super crowded, which it was. The music was pretty decent until about 1:30. Then it turned into all techno music and they had so many different strobe lights that even though I don't have epilepsy, I was still afraid of going into a seisure. I have also discovered that even though I had been warned, people are so graby here. I could not even walk to the bar without people pulling me in every direction, or without my hair getting grabbed. So it was a nice club, but not the best time.

Friday night was the famous sangria party at Cicio's. Since we all showed up fashionably late, after getting lost for a good twenty minutes, by the time we finally reached our destination it was incredibly packed. I will say that the sangria here is dangerously good. It was just like drinking fruit juice, so by the time we got there everyone else was trashed. We made it in time to have a little sangria before moving the party to lime light. Had I known it was a twenty minute walk with around 75 people I might have passed on the activity, but lesson learned I guess. Lime light would probably have to be my second favorite going out place. The atmosphere was good, plenty of dancing room, and great music. The only thing is I got my camera stolen there. This really put me into a bad mood so I could not fully enjoy the club the way I should have. Another lesson learned, never ever take a camera to a club even if it is in your front pocket, it will somehow disappear. Plus the cab ride home was 20 euros so it was not the best night of my life.

Last night consisted of a smaller sangria party. This was much more enjoyable since there were only like 15 people there. We could actually sit and have a conversation and enjoy the company. After 2 hours at Cicio's we headed for Le Banque. This is considered to be the nicest, most chic club in all of Milan. It used to be an old bank that they turned into a club, so it was beautifully decorated. Walking in took quite a while and by the time we headed for the bathroom it was already packed. There was about 100 girls trying to use 1 stall since the only other stall had a drunk girl in it with her pants pulled down, so no one could get in. After waiting a half hour, we decided it was not worth it and headed for the dance floor. Since it was around 2 at this point all the music had turned to techno. This would not have been that bad had the floor not been so incredibly crowded. I somehow managed to get headbutted, stepped on, and of course my hair touched after getting annoyed enough to decide to go home with the other girls.

Overall this first week has been jam packed with going out every night and meeting new people all the while. I love it here and the food is beyond amazing. More later

Ciao,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment