Thursday, February 11, 2010

niente

So I feel like I am really getting used to this whole being in a foreign country thing. I have gone to the Duomo by myself, I am not scared of using the tram or the metro by myself, and I am gaining some really good friendships during this crazy ride. A trip to Venice is planned for Saturday and I am beyond excited for Carnivale! It should be pretty amazing considering it is Venice. Went to aperitivo at Old Fashion last night, and I am pretty sure that will become a regular Wednesday activity. Went and bought myself a new pair of boots and a beautiful red dress and was really excited to wear it last night. I just love the fashion here. It is incredible to see what the fashion capital of the world has to offer.

Today was full of classes, yuck, but I guess that is the main reason why I am here. I did however really enjoy my photography class today. We met at the Duomo and walked over to see a photography exhibit of Steve McCurry, who is a famous National Geographic photographer. I was completely amazed by the different photographs that I saw. Many were portraits, and looking at the different points of view that he used was breathtaking. I can't believe that this city is so full of different kinds of art. Even people in the metro sell hand drawn art just trying to make a couple euros a day.

This city has a lot to offer, and I just hope that I can take it all in.

Ciao
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment