Monday, February 1, 2010

oggi uno

So flight plans were definitely rough. Had a huge delay in Indy which caused me to miss my connecting flight in Chicago by literally 2 minutes. Certainly not the way I thought that my trip was going to start off. After finally getting on the flight from Chicago to Heathrow (London) I was feeling a little bit better. Once morning hit and I could see out of the airplane I was shocked. It felt like I was looking down from the Wonka glass elevator and looking down on little ole England, and unlike in the US, you could actually see all the hills and such from the air. While closing in on the airport I saw the Wimbledon stadium, and building process for the summer 2010 Olympics. Way cool.

Then it was a short hour in my wait to board to Milan. I immediately fell asleep and when I woke up I was amazed at what I saw. I was realizing that it was moment of truth. I was shaking as I walked onto that platform alone, but in a way it was the most empowering moment of my life. I made my way through the airport and got into the pickup service van. Then we pulled up to my amazing new apartment. After walking three flights of stairs, I stood outside onto the balcony and was blissfully happy with the view of the city.

I quickly met my two new roommates, Jordain and Natalie, and we crowned our apartment with a toast to a new adventure. Dinner was served at a quaint little pizzaria right across from the apartment, and I am now so blissfully tired that I am not sure how I will survive a 9:30 a.m. meeting tomorrow. Thats all for now

Ciao
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment